Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Planting of Seeds by Joy

When we were home for the holidays, Tommy and I bought some seeds to bring back to plant. Watermelon, bell peppers, carrots. We just wanted to try this out and see how we can grow things here. We will let you know how it goes.
Lately, the Lord has been laying on my heart how important planting seeds are. I may never know in this lifetime how the seeds I have planted have reeped. That is for the Lord to handle.
The seeds I'm talking about are not seeds of plants, but rather seeds of Hope, Love, and Salvation.
I came to Haiti somewhat unsure of what my role here was. Tommy had his all figured out, but me not so much. He can do so many things with his hands. Fix things, build things, take care of situations. I mean I knew I had to take care of the children, run the house and take care of Tommy. But, spiritually, I was not so sure.
Then the Lord showed me that a simple smile can do wonders for people. I don't know the language here that well yet. But I do know how to smile. That speaks volumes to people who have no hope or love in their heart. You smile at someone and they know you have love in your heart.
How can you truly smile at someone and not feel the Joy of the Lord shining through? I figure each smile I give is one seed planted in someone's heart.
Sometimes the children look so sad. I don't know what is going through
their minds or what all their past holds. I do know that if I give them a hug and a smile, they know I love them, and that is another
seed planted.
How many seeds have you planted today? A smile cost you nothing. You
may actually change someone's outlook on life. Think about it and the
next stranger you see, just give them a smile and let the Lord go to
work in their heart.
Those are the seeds I try to plant everyday!!
Love to you all,
Joy

1 comment: